Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Baby's First Christmas

Today was my very first Christmas. It was filled with Joy and Peace.
On Saturday, we bundled up for a trip down to Illinois to stay with family. It was a very foggy drive down, but we made it in a speedy 3 hours. Only one pit stop at the highway oasis for a quick diaper change.
In the afternoon, Santa Claus made a special stop to hand out a few presents to me and my two cousins.
I got a white stuffed polar bear. It's so soft and hug-able.
Along with many cousins, my Nana was there. I received some amazing presents from Nana, including her sled from when she was a young child (pictures to come later).

We stayed in Illinois Saturday night. That night -- happy with glee from a day of unpacking presents -- I gave my mommy and daddy a wonderful gift. Laughter! I delighted them with a series of joyous laughs. My first true laughs.

We returned home Sunday driving through a blistery-cold and windy snow storm. This winter sure has given us a lot of snow and a white Christmas!
On Monday, Christmas Eve, we had lunch and got all dressed up for church.
At church, I listened to everyone sing songs. My Aunt, Great Uncle, and Grandparents have beautiful voices.
During church, I learned about little baby Jesus, and I saw Mary holding him in the nativity crèche.
At the end of church, we sang in the dark while everyone held candles.
On Christmas morning, we woke up to find presents under the tree and our stockings stuffed with gifts. I sat with daddy and opened each present in joy -- smiling and cooing the whole time! I received a set of books by Beatrix Potter, a baseball bat and balls, some clothes, chew toys, a swim suit, and my first rice cereal (which isn't really going to be my first, since it's Stage 2 with Applesauce, but I digress). I enjoyed holding and tearing the wrapping paper.
After breakfast, I had time to talk with my Great Uncle. He recently found some blocks that belonged to my Great Grandfather. Since they spelled out my initials, I had to include a photo of the blocks on my blog.
Here is me giggling away with my Great Uncle. If you look closely...
you can see my new faucet. The drool faucet turned on this past week or two. Of course, my mommy and daddy are worried that I may start teething soon. So far, I'm not in too much pain, so I'm not crying any more than usual.
Also this week, I learned to sit up by myself! I put both hands on the ground in a gorilla pose, supporting myself like a tripod. Daddy (usually) does a great job at catching me before I fall over. I also like to stand up when somebody holds my hands.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Thank you everyone for all my wonderful Christmas presents!
And Happy New Year, in case I don't post a new blog before then.